Yeah, I don't like Tuesdays this semester. I have chemistry lab on Tuesdays and I don't like chemistry and the lab involves applying what we learned. Fortunately Tuesdays are also the day I get to go to the Whitman county animal shelter! (A small no-kill shelter in Pullman) Today I cleaned the dog kennels then played with some of the dogs then I went and played with some of the cats. Cleaning the kennels went by quickly probably since I did it last week. Playing with the dogs was a blast! There is a large white shepherd lab mix there named Pepsi who is my favorite. Of course the other dogs were cool and the kittens and cats were awesome but Pepsi is my favorite animal there.
Today I went outside my normal Tuesday routine and went to morning prayer. This involves getting up and ready to do everything for the day before 7am, when some of the other girls who live on my floor leave. Now I hate mornings but morning prayer is an amazing way to start the day. Today it helped me to get a perspective on fellow Christians. I learned all of us have the same fears; fears of being set aside as outcasts and fears of being asked questions we don't know the answer to. Fortunately I know God is on my side and morning prayer today was a great reminder of that.
Lab also wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We were given a worksheet with 12 problems on it and were told to do the problems on a separate sheet of paper then copy the questions, our work and our answers into our lab notebooks. Me and one of my animal science major friends worked together and finished around when everyone else did. I was one of the few who took the TA's advice and actually did everything on separate paper. This meant when I finished I still had to copy. I had an hour left of lab and 4 pages to copy! Fortunately I hadn't written everything in my lab notebook as I did it because I caught several huge mistakes. I had two problems left to copy when class was over. My TA is really nice though and said I could just go to another room to finish it then turn it in. =)
Things that made my day: waking up on time (early), morning prayer, CPK, breakfast with friends, Pepsi! Bozo jumping out of my arms and onto the floor where another kitten had just batted a piece of kibble, friends helping with classwork, having enough time to finish my lab, the sun! long boarders, Dive by Steven Curtis Chapman, getting to watch my Monday night TV shows on Hulu, good soup in the dining center, having only 3 pages open on my computer and all of them all cued up to play music.
1 comment:
I love the reference to CPK
Post a Comment