Tuesday, September 18, 2012

If you're stressed, It's fine dining we suggest

I've been making microwave chocolate cakes about once a week while I've been at school. Recipes are all over the internet and are so easy! Google microwave chocolate cake and you find all kinds of recipes. Most of them are really similar but I made a few tweaks of my own and would like to share the recipe with you in case you want a change.

1 T protein powder (flavor doesn't matter, I use vanilla because it's what I have)
3 T flour
1 T sugar
1 1/2 T cocoa powder
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1 T chocolate chips (optional, but delicious)
2 T oil
3 T almond milk

Take a microwave safe mug. Mix together all the dry ingredients. Then add the oil and milk. Mix very well! Be sure to get all the dry stuff out of the bottom and sides. Put in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds (I have a 600 watt microwave, this is about how long it takes mine to cook. To be safe start with 1 min and test every 10 seconds after that, the cake is done when it doesn't jiggle much.) I top mine with caramel syrup. Yum! It is best eaten warm.

So the main things I do differently than some recipes are use protein powder, it adds texture and nutrition. I use way less sugar than the recipes I started with, super sweetness masked the chocolate too much. I use baking powder and baking soda, it rises so well and gets a more normal cake texture. I don't use any eggs. Some recipes I've seen use them, others don't. I find it unnecessary and I don't keep eggs on hand. Please leave any comments if you try my recipe :D

No comments: