Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lessons Learned

I had such a hard time figuring out what to blog about tonight. I knew I wanted to post but I have a list of eleven different topics I wanted to write about tonight. I also decided I only wanted to choose one. I'll probably make posts on most if not all of the others in the next week or so because I really feel like I've been neglecting this blog and I want to write my thoughts down somewhere where I'll be able to look at them and also to share my thoughts with my friends. So tonight I decided to write about a lesson I learned today (the blog is called Lessons2Discover afterall).
Today was a normal Thursday meaning wake up and have breakfast with my roomie and another friend then bio lab then reading in the CUB then lunch with a friend then hanging out with another friend, dinner, then CRU. Out of the norm was that several of my friends that I encountered today admitted to being in a bad mood, not being happy, or being really stressed. Now this may seem normal to you but for me this means these people trust me a lot. I don't like to be seen when I'm vulnerable and I do not tell many people when I'm upset or when something bothers me. So I see being honest and open about your feelings as a very trusting thing. I am extremely glad that these friends all trust me enough to confide in me what their true feelings are. I also realized that the number of people I trust with my feelings is still probably lower than what it should be, meaning I still have some of the trust issues I've wrestled with since I was little.
But I know they are getting better! One reason I know this is because the number of people I trust with my real feelings has gone up quite a bit in the past year. I'd like to thank God for this. He is the one who knows EVERYTHING about me and therefore already knows how I'm feeling. He also helps me to see the heart of people around me. God has taught me that people are more likely to trust me if I show them that I trust them. Maybe a basic concept to you but I just realized it and had it hit home.
That being said, the people who honestly told me how they were feeling today are all on the list of people I trust with my real emotions, as are several others. (many of whom aren't in Pullman). Also today was AWESOME in my book. The weather was too cold or windy most of the time but the sun was still shining for quite some time, the flowers are blooming (despite our April snow), I got to spend time with friends, CRU was awesome, and I'm almost done with my book!

No comments: