This morning I woke up and my cold was a million times better. This cold seemed never-ending. It kept getting worse in different ways. Some days I was exhausted, others I was coughing all day. Yesterday I was coughing and sneezing and had a seriously runny nose. Today I sneezed a few times, coughed a bit and wasn't too tired. On another note Thursdays are the days I spend the most time talking about God. I have one class then lunch with Chelsea (we have spiritual talks and spend time with God together) and then I hang out with Molly and we sometimes talk about God. Today Chelsea and I mostly talked about fun stuff and what was going on in our lives then we spent time in the word. Before reading the bible Chelsea suggested that I try to read a chapter all the way through. Before this I had been flipping through the bible and reading random bits, so she suggested I alternate between the two (read part of the chapter one time and read a random passage the next). So I started reading Matthew because I love the New Testament and that's the first one. I read a verse I had heard about in a book I read a week ago. Matthew 6:3-4 "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing so that your giving may be secret. Then your father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." The quote was not complete in the book and I was kind of confused. But when I read it in the bible it made total sense. It reminds me to be humble, like Jesus! He didn't go around saying, "I'm all that and I've done all these cool things, OBEY me" Nah, he was way cooler than that... Anyways... Then I had a fun talk with Molly I went to the post office. Then I came back and met up with Molly, Meleah, Katie, and Erin. (Mac was there for a bit too). We talked about God and Jesus and all sorts of great things. The talk helped remind me to put God in control of my life, because his way really is the best.
After that Molly, Katie and I had dinner. Then Molly and I went to CRU. CRU is always a highlight of my week. This week was even better than usual. First off the songs... I LOVE worship music. Especially the stuff we sing at CRU. I mean, our band rocks! The speaker was amazing! He talked about a passage that I've heard about many times. (this school year alone I've heard it 3+ times) But everyone tells everything in their own way and his message really hit home. He was talking about Jesus breaking social/cultural/gender/racial norms of the time. He talked about how Jesus didn't see people as "scary" or "too dangerous to save", Jesus helped everyone. At the end we sang two songs the first was Beauty of the Cross "The beauty of the cross is that there's one who has redeemed my soul. The beauty of the cross is that I'm finally free and letting go. The beauty of the cross is that your grace has found me just as I am" The chorus moved me. It reminded me (again) that I should let go of my old ways and just trust God. The last song we sang was called Hosanna. I LOVE this song. The whole song has so much meaning and I love it all! But I'll post some snippits that hit me really hard tonight. "I see a generation, rising up to take their place. With selfless faith" These lines are powerful, if a whole generation believed, the world would be changed forever! Selfless faith indicates serving others and helping them to find God. It's really powerful to me. The last bit of the song is all really good (and my favorite part).
"Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me.
Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity"
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity"
Yep... AMAZING! And yet another reminder that God should be the focus/ruler of my life.
Good things of today: Bio lab! The greenhouse! Nice TA, everything detailed above XD Yep... not re-writing all of it. :)
2 comments:
Eleanor I love your heart. I love that you pray exactly what you're thinking/feeling to God. The more honest you are with Him, the closer access you give Him to your heart. And guess what? He cares about the little things, like your bad cold. That doesn't mean He'll always choose to heal you but I think it does mean we should always come to God with whatever's going on in our lives right now. You are one of the highlights of my year.
Thank you Chelsea! I'm glad I have you in my life. You have made a huge impact on me and I will always be thankful we met.
Post a Comment