So I started this blog because it sounded like fun. I like writing, I love talking about myself and why not? But I also rely on this blog to be able to; get out random thoughts, remind me that I really am having a good week, motivate me to go back to Orphan Acres even if I know it will be muddy and freezing because I always have a good time, make me get my thoughts and feelings out (yes there are still things I write in journals because they are too personal to share). This blog is where I am able to be myself. I'll admit that I still watch Arthur, sleep with TONS of stuffed animals (there's been a new addition to my college bed since making that post and yet another will be coming back from spring break), think Backstreet Boys are cool, play Neopets, watch The Bachelor and Greek, and do all sorts of things I might be afraid people would judge me for. I am myself because I know whoever reads this blog cares about me enough so they either know these things already or will think they are cool or just won't judge me about them. I don't necessarily use proper sentence format (I happen to LOVE backslashes and parenthesis) and there may be typos but I don't care! I also use words I make up or abbreviate like cause and kinda. Haha!
This post will be random. I want to talk about change. I used to HATE change, of any kind. New lunchtime? New kid in my friend group? Losing friends? Moving? Growing up? Shows getting cancelled? I hated it all. It was terrible. I'm still not totally sure what caused it. I think I know a contributing factor because it's one of the biggest changes that's occurred since I came to college. Since coming to college I've gained self confidence. This was huge for me. In high school I was picked on for being skinny so I thought I wasn't pretty. I wouldn't get the best grades and would think I was stupid. I wasn't the best oboist, clarinetist, pianist, photographer, etc. that I knew so I thought I was talentless. I felt terrible and that my dreams were stupid or would never come true so I was worthless. In high school I had a few really close friends two of my closest friends (I love you both) liked to be in control and I was fine with this. One of my friends was the "leader" of our group and he was most of the reason all of us hung out together. He was the reason I had so many friends. Coming to college I lost him. I also had to deal with being in a new place away from friends, family, and things I knew. I got a good group of friends through marching band. We kinda have a leader but everyone is also friends with one another and will hang out one on one or in smaller groups. I entered a relationship with God and realized that I can let him be in control so I don't have to worry because he has great plans for me. So here we are today, I know I am smart, talented, valuable, unique, and beautiful =) This whole self-confidence thing ROCKS!
Great things about today: Waking up on time, Snow! (oh yeah, here's another thing I'll say on here. I secretly love snow! I hate cold and dislike being cold and wet but I really do love snow. Yes it's pretty, but I grew up in Georgia and then "the west side" so I never got much snow as a kid. Every time I'm in snow it makes me a little kid. I want to throw snowballs, make snowmen, make snow angels, and catch snowflakes on my tongue!) , using buckets to rinse the dog runs, time with Pepsi and Bozo! Hot coffee, trying and liking new soup, watching Smart House, pasta!, hearing Meleah and Amanda, going to the Rec with Molly, watching Horse Sense! Blogging <3
No comments:
Post a Comment